1. The assessment used for this qualification ensures that the purpose of the qualification is achieved.
- A range of formative and summative assessment methods such as dissertations, research reports, written and oral presentations, tests and examinations are used.
- The required range of modalities is used integratively to assess whether the specified outcomes have been achieved.
- From the assessment of samples generalising to a domain takes place in a judicious and planned way in order to ensure reliability.
- The assessment used meets thw standard and level of achievement for NQF level 8.
Integrated assessment takes place in terms of a variety of procedures such as cross-disciplinary assignments, simulations, workplace assessments, dissertations, research reports, written examinations and oral presentation and examinations.