About the Organisation:
Terre des hommes (Tdh), the leading Swiss child relief non-profit organization, is active in more than 30 countries with its programs in mother and child health, child protection, unsafe migration, WASH, and humanitarian emergencies**.** In both India and Nepal Tdh implements projects through local partners. Besides financial support, Tdh supports its partners with technical support and is involved in all stages of the project- from designing to monitoring and evaluation.
Tdh works at a systemic level, engaging with formal and non-formal actors, Government, service providers, civil society organisations, communities, families, and children themselves to ensure the care and protection of vulnerable children on the long-term.
Position: Fundraising and Communications Coordinator – India & Nepal.
Location: Delhi (home based) with travel to Nepal office and project sites in India.
Reporting: Reports to Head of Multi Country Delegation India & Nepal (HoMCD).
Working relationship: Actively coordinates with the Head of Country Office India and Nepal (HoCO), regional support colleagues and Programme teams based in India and Nepal.
Duration of assignment: Initially for 1 year (Renewable based on the performance and organization’s requirement). Probation period is 3 months from date of joining.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
The Fund raising and Communications Manager is responsible for
- Overall management and developing fundraising portfolio for Nepal & India
- To lead grant writing & grant coordination for India and Nepal operations
- Responsible to develop, maintain and ensure implementation of fundraising strategy and other key fundraising documents (donor mapping etc.)
- Responsible for developing and maintaining key delegation communication documents in coordination with program teams.
- Identify new donors’ opportunities, initiate and maintain relations with donors in collaboration with Head of MCD (India & Nepal), HoCO India and Nepal (respectively), and Program teams.
- Lead and coordinate grant acquisition processes, in partnership with the management team, external consultants (if applicable), and as per the guidelines of each specific call/donor.
- Lead and coordinate proposal and CN development, reports, and all supporting documents, in close collaboration with regional advisors/managers, HoCO, Programme & Finance teams, and other Tdh colleagues (HQ Lausanne where appropriate).
- Actively Participates in the reflections and strategic development of the delegation and its careful alignment to institutional strategies and priorities.
- Maintains and/or develops a professional network specifically related to the domains of Tdh’s intervention.
- Maintain a database of funding opportunities and update regularly the country management teams on funding opportunities and upcoming calls for proposals.
- Maintain a database of External Consultants to be mandated for full grant writing of proposals for different key donors, institutional and corporate.
- Ensure donor tracking tool and contact list is up to date.
- Attend and participate in technical working groups related to communications and fundraising and represent and present Tdh’s work at functions and events as requested by your line manager.
- Develop and maintain communication documents for delegation to enhance Tdh positioning and visibility within the sector.
- Maintain and manage social media platforms for delegation, ensuring regular posts accurately and ethically present Tdh and its partners work.
- Provide any other such tasks as assigned by line manager.
Child Safeguarding Policy :
- Commits to respect the Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Promptly report any concern/ potential violation in Tdh and/or partner organisations as per the reporting protocol listed out in the Safeguarding policy.
- Be aware of and strictly abide by the security policy of the delegation.
- Pro-actively report relevant observations related to security/safety issues to the Supervisor.
Personal, Social and Leadership Competencies (PSLC) include competencies in:
- Effective Communication
Active listening, understanding, and responding to stakeholders; proper use of key channels of communication; ensures the quality of the information that is communicated; tailors the information to the audience, effective use of each of the different communication dimensions.
Implementation of the programme vision, establishes the programme direction, recognizes interdependencies within programme, assuming ownership of the programme.
- Building Relationship
Building trust among stakeholders, partners, and team members; advocate for diversity and treats others with courtesy and respect; establishes and demonstrates high standards for personal and team members; promotes and demonstrates ethics, integrity and adherence to organisational values in all interactions.
Obtains needed programme resources; ensures programme alignment with organisational strategy; promotes overall stakeholder support.
- Critical thinking in decision making
Ongoing analysis of issues, gaps, trends; application of fact-based decision making to current and prospective issues; constructively challenges common belief assumptions etc.
Plans for success at the start of programme; ensures team cohesiveness; explores solutions to problems in a participatory approach.
Supports mentoring for all team members; supports individual and team development action; acknowledges and recognizes accomplishment of individual and teams.
- Embracing Change
Facilitates an environment receptive to change; influences factors that may result in change.
plans for change and its potential impact; manages and deals with change when they occur.
Technical and Methodological Competencies (TMC) would include competencies in;
- Child Protection technical competences; project cycle management; budget development, monitoring and follow up; risk management; administration and financial procedures.
Management and Strategic Competencies (MSC) would include competencies in;
- Project management; staff management; partnership management; project environment analysis; Child Protection programme and project strategy development.
As well as the following specific “Professions ” skills:
- Post Graduate qualification in any discipline. The candidate having Post Graduation in International Development, International Business and/or in a relevant field of study to the position will be preferred.
- At least three years of experience with an international development or humanitarian organization in a similar role.
- Proven track record of successful fundraising and grant writing for large international institutional funding agencies (ie EU, USAID, GIZ, FCDO…), private companies and CSR funding in India and Nepal.
- Proven track record in developing and supporting the roll out of advanced fundraising strategies.
- Excellent competences in managing information, structuring and writing proposals and reports in English in order to produce high-quality deliverables.
- Strong competence in producing quality communication materials for internal and external use, with strong, concise and impactful messages.
- Strong knowledge on principles of business development
- Fluency in English a must (reading, speaking, writing).
- Organizational competencies, discipline, self-leadership, and compliance with deadlines.
- Communication skills, ability to lead and coordinate processes across several teams with diverse cultural backgrounds
- Determination and proactivity in professional commitment.
- Ability to adapt, to be flexible and to cope with stressful situations and frustrations.
- Competent in MS Excel, word processing, Power Point is a must.
- Competent in managing social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn et)
- Fundraising experience in Nepal and India strongly desired.
- Skills in M&E is advantage.
Recruitment & Remuneration
Tdh offers a competitive package of remuneration, based on the candidates’ experience and credentials. Annual CTC (Cost to Company) for this position will be within the range of INR 15,00,000 to 17,00,000 including Annual festival bonus & employers contribution to PF. In addition, Tdh provides Gratuity (as per Indian Gratuity Act), Mediclaim Health Insurance coverage of INR 10,00,000 for Employee & family and Accidental insurance coverage of INR 10,00,000 for the Employee.
How to apply
Interested candidates should apply with a covering letter explaining how his/her skills and experiences match the requirements mentioned above along with an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 30th September 2022. Please mention the text “Application for the position of Fundraising and Communications Coordinator- India & Nepal” in the subject line of your email. Please mention your current CTC and expected CTC in your CV.
Please note that as per Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy, one of the references mentioned in the CV needs to be the candidate’s current or immediate past employer. The references will be contacted before offering the job.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that Tdh does not reimburse any travel allowance or daily allowance for attending interviews and no relocation cost will be provided by Tdh.
Tdh offers a competitive package of remuneration based on the candidates’ experience and credentials. In addition, Tdh provides Gratuity and Festival bonus to its employees as per its policy, Health Insurance cover for Employee & family and Accidental insurance for the Employee. The recruitment and selection procedures of Terre des hommes reflect our commitment to child security and safeguarding.
Note: Tdh provides a safe working environment for all its employees; following the principle of equal opportunity Women, persons living with a disability, SC/ST/religious minorities, people living with HIV AIDS and candidates from the LBGQIA+ community are encouraged to apply.
Job Email id: email@example.com
Closing Date: 30th September 2022.