Head of Sales and Marketing
|Location:||Cape Town, Century City|
Define and lead a robust marketing strategy of a cutting-edge fintech company based in Century City seeking the expertise and strong leadership of a self-driven & forward-thinking Head of Sales and Marketing. Your core role will also be to boost sales while refining the sales strategy as well as fulfilling responsibilities across all the regions in which the business operates. The successful incumbent will possess a suitable Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited tertiary institution with at least 5 years’ within Marketing and Sales. You will ideally also have within the sale of payments and software.
- Definition, execution and continuous review of an all-inclusive marketing strategy. This includes market assessment and research, product review and positioning, marketing collateral development (primarily management of suppliers and staff who will produce the content), digital marketing optimisation (e.g., website and social channel review and SEO).
- Account management for key customers. This includes building relationships with key customers, keeping in touch with them regularly about ongoing projects and any account-level issues that may be developing and speaking to them about products and services (including customer sat surveys).
- Overall responsibility for sales. This includes co-ordinating external sales partners activities and internal staff working on sales, ensuring there are clear responsibilities and a clear process followed in each sale and that leads do not go cold, and likely also some actual selling/lead generation.
- Review existing set of 15 or more products and services with SLT and refine to a handful of key products.
- Review existing marketing content including website, social channels, newsletters and LinkedIn to establish areas for improvement.
- Review SEO, speak to existing staff who have some knowledge in this.
- Research the market, competitors and potential opportunities.
- From research, develop and present an overarching marketing strategy and plan across all channels to SLT.
- Define and manage each stage of the marketing plan including changes to website, social channels, newsletters etc.
- Manage ongoing aspects of the marketing strategy, including marketing process and systems definition and training material for future marketing hires.
- Outputs –
- Refined product and services set
- Prioritised improvement areas list
- Marketing strategy and plan to implement
- Marketing process
- Marketing process systems
- Marketing materials
- Review historic won and lost sales in HubSpot to establish trends.
- Review historic, manage existing and potentially develop additional sales partners.
- Research international best practice re sales and marketing.
- Review existing sales process and speak to existing staff involved in sales to understand improvement areas in sales process.
- Once established, refine existing sales process.
- Define and manage enhancements to the sales strategy, particularly digital sales.
- Manage ongoing aspects of the sales strategy, including sales process refinement / definition and training material for future sales hires / partners.
- Outputs –
- Partner management strategy and systems
- Sales strategy
- Sales funnels
- Sales process
- Sales process systems
Account management –
- Meet and speak to existing customers to start building relationships and understanding what we do for them and how they feel about us.
- Join or setup regular account review meetings (e.g., monthly, quarterly, every 6 months) for customers to host a forum to deal with issues/get feedback/talk about products that may interest them.
- Be aware of what projects we are running for key customers and how they are going.
- Understand key customers’ own strategy so the business can position themselves in a way to assist them.
- Outputs –
- Regular customer meetings
- Customer survey feedback
- Customer management process
- Customer management process systems
Posted on 08 Jun 10:31, Closing date 8 Jul